The moment you want to develop an App, you are faced with problems of choice like App versatility, business relevance, etc., and constraints like capital outlay and deadline.
The approach of cross-platform technologies enables App developers to simultaneously build Apps compatible with different operating systems & platforms (iOS, Android, Windows).
Picking the right development tool is key to building an excellent app with native UX, providing convenience in app development, lower development & maintenance costs, and rapid time to market.
Let’s understand the inherent benefits of React Native while addressing the above predicaments faced by the developers.
As per a survey by Statista, React Native is the most prominent cross-platform app-development technology followed by Flutter, Cordova, Ionic & Xamarin.
- Flutter: An open-source UI kit released by Google; it uses Dart language & runs on Dart virtual machine with just in time compilation allowing for hot reload.
- Xamarin: Owned by Microsoft, it is an open-source software platform based on Microsoft’s .NET framework and C# supporting all mobile platforms.
- This also allows its (React Native’s) higher acceptance as a development framework.
- React Native scores over Cordova in terms of performance, installation speed & UX as Cordova Apps use rendering layouts using Web views.
- Even though app development using Ionic is easier to learn for developers, React Native apps are much faster & elegant.
Mypcot has an in-depth prowess in mobile app development & can be reached out for all types of development and technical assistance.